Plastic is a versatile product with applications that are beyond our imagination. While we see plastic being an integral part of our professional as well as daily life, it is harmful to the environment when burnt or buried under the soil. This compels the plastic manufacturers to design their products more responsibly and in an eco-friendly manner. The Government of India lays down a list of limitations, restrictions, and rules regarding the grade of plastic to be produced for a certain usage, for example, the chemical composition of the plastic used for packaging in different from the surgical products or industrial storage containers. The manufacturers must consult a good Plastic Testing Lab in Delhi to test their products and to certify it for quality. Here are the 8 tips to find the right testing lab to collaborate with.
- A certified lab: Testing labs in India are given ISO or NABL certification to indicate that the services they offer are authorized by the government. Such accreditation is difficult to receive and the labs have to set really high standards to be recognized in this way. Spectro Analytical Labs Limited is an NABL accredited lab in India which means that the quality certificate awarded by them is valid in more than 45 countries. You should strive to get associated with such a reputed lab.
- Well-equipped lab: Lab equipment and the facilities are immensely vital to ensure that the tests are conducted methodically and judicially. Before you hire a Plastic Testing Lab in Delhi visit their facility and ensure that they have access to modern equipment as well as the latest technology to give you the best results.
- Trained and experienced staff: Testing plastic for quality and compliance is a meticulous job and only the trained and seasoned hands can execute the task well. Some labs may offer testing services for a cheaper price but opting for an inexperienced testing lab may cost a heavy fine or even cancellation of your license if the authorities find out that your products do not adhere to the set norms.
- A deep understanding of industry standards: As stated earlier, even though plastic is a generic product, there are extensive rules and regulations when it comes to the quality of the specific products. It is always wise to get connected with a testing lab that has a keen understanding of these regulations. Professional testing labs timely update their knowledge and use ultra modern and the latest procedures to deliver the best analysis of your products.
- Conduct a comprehensive range of tests: Testing a single piece of the plastic product involves a series of tests. It is very frustrating to get a few tests done at a particular lab and then move to another lab for another set of tests. Instead, opt for a Plastic Testing Lab in Delhi that offers a comprehensive range of services to cater to all plastic manufacturers. This will not only save you time but will also reduce the overall cost of testing and your product gets tested for quality in a few easy steps.
- Quick turnaround time: As a manufacturer, time is of great essence to you and you would appreciate a lab that offers quick services. Professional NABL accredited labs understand the importance of their client’s time and stick to timely delivery. With well experienced and trained staff and the most modern testing equipment, they are able to deliver test results in a quick time with the highest degree of accuracy and reliability. The time lost during a long testing process may incur a slow down in your production process thus leading to loss.
- Offer industry niche testing services: As mentioned earlier, the government sets different standards for different kinds of plastic products. To test the products from each industry, specific equipment should be used to conduct specific tests. As a manufacturer you should always collaborate with testing labs that offer niche services because they have expertise in that field. Getting certified by such labs will have a positive impact on your brand image and can be a valuable USP while marketing.
- Offer on-field inspection and testing: Testing of products is not a one time activity. Tests and inspections should be done periodically to revise your certification too. Choose to collaborate with a plastic testing lab that not only offers top services in a testing lab but can also visit your site to conduct the required tests. Such flexibility in services will save a lot of valuable time for you.
Before hiring a testing lab to test your plastic products, it is vital to verify if they authorised by the government to conduct the tests. Otherwise their certificate will be invalid and you might have to face legal actions. NABL accredited plastic testing labs in Delhi work with a team of highly-qualified experts who can satisfy a wide scope of testing requirements. Backed by a deep understanding of testing needs and processes, they are helping clients gain real value through their reliable testing services.